Definitions of Inventory Statuses
Red Stag Fulfillment tracks each merchant’s inventory at all times using the following statuses:
- Expected - Listed on open ASNs, RMAs and Other Deliveries that have not yet been received.
- Processed - Counted on an ASN, RMA or Other Delivery but not yet put-away.
- Put-Away - Has been received on an ASN, RMA or Other Delivery that has not yet been committed to the inventory. If you have auto-commit enabled this should always be 0.
- Available - Available for new orders. Backordered amounts are not reflected as a negative Available amount but are tracked separately as “Backordered”.
- Allocated - Allocated to existing orders but not yet Reserved.
- Reserved - Reserved to a specific shelf location and waiting to be picked.
- Picked - Picked from the shelves but not yet shipped.
- Backordered - Reserved by existing orders but not in stock. Will be automatically converted to Reserved when stock is added. Backordered quantities are not reflected in the Available amount as a negative number.
- Advertised - The “Available” quantity plus the virtual BOM quantity. The virtual BOM quantity is controlled by a product’s “Virtual Inventory” attribute.
Additionally, products have two flags that can be set which will affect whether or not they are retrieved in an inventory request.
- Status - Enabled/Disabled - If “Disabled”, the product is effectively deleted and will not appear in responses to inventory requests.
- Visibility - Visible/Not Visible - If “Not Visible”, the product will not appear in the inventory list but may still be ordered via the Merchant Panel.